Monday, December 2, 2013

What I've Learned

I have been a Mommy for almost three weeks now.  I'd like to share a few things I've learned/am in the process of learning.

1. I will never be bored again. Ever. And that's fine with me.

2. I could spend all day just staring at my daughter and be perfectly content.

3. I've never missed my own mom as much as I do now.

4. Breast feeding HURTS. But it gets better. And it's totally worth it.

5. The whole "sleep when the baby sleeps" thing is impossible for me.  If she's sleeping, I'm folding laundry!

6. Watching my husband play with Carly when he doesn't know I'm looking is my favorite. He knows he's got himself a daddy's girl, and he loves it.

7. I forgot how to make dinner for awhile there, but I'm getting back into the swing of things.

8. It is the coolest thing to see pieces of me and Matt in another human being.  She's a perfect mix!

9. Moms have super powers.  Not only do I have cat-like reflexes, but I can pick out which cry is Carly's in a crowd of crying babies.  I feel pretty awesome.

10. I didn't know I had the capacity to love someone this much.  Being a mom is the most selfless job I can think of.  And I am honored to join the ranks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment